If you want to offer your visitors friendly and „on the fly“ currency conversion on posts and pages, Another Unit Converter has your back. Supporting more than 160 different world currencies, this plugin gives your visitors the chance to read your posts and pages with amounts displayed in their local or preferred currency, increasing familiarity and improving their understanding of your content.
Another Unit Converter also does conversions a different way, no widgets or page reloads involved: it automatically looks for currency amounts within the content of your posts so you don’t have to worry about using special formats or shortcodes at all. Just freely write your text mentioning any currencies you like, we do the hard work.
This plugin is ideal for websites dealing with travel, finances, product reviews or any other topic involving money.
Another Unit Converter features include:
- No need to use a special shortcode or format within the text of your posts or pages. Another Unit Converter automatically detects any currency amount within your text. We’ll even handle a post mentioning several different currencies.
- Support for more than 160 currencies with rates updated daily.
- Rates are cached to improve performance and response time.
- Visitors can enable the currency switcher by clicking on any currency amount on your posts and pages.
- The currency switcher appears only when needed and doesn’t waste any screen space permanently.
- Visitors can choose their preferred currency easily from a user-friendly list. The plugin will remember their choice for future visits.
- The currency switcher supports keyboard navigation.
- Fully compatible with WordPress internationalization features.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/another-unit-converterdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in WordPress.
- Visit Settings > Unit Converter.
- Follow the instructions available to you on this screen and sign-up for a currencylayer API key.
- That’s it. You’re all set.
- How does Another Unit Converter detect currency amounts within the text of my posts?
It uses an algorithm to match parts of your text with known currency formats stored in an internal database.
- Do I need to do something to keep the rates up to date?
No. Another Unit Converter automatically updates the rates on a daily basis.
- What is currencylayer and what do I need it for?
currencylayer is a well known service that provides real-time and historical exchange rates for 168 world currencies.
Another Unit Converter uses currencylayer to fetch updated daily rates for the supported currencies. This information is later used to perform the conversions that you see on your pages.
- Why do I need to sign-up for a currencylayer API key?
You’ll have to obtain a currencylayer API key before you start using Another Unit Converter.
This API key not only gives you access to currencylayer’s exchange rates but it also helps secure communication between your website and currencylayer’s.
Obtaining an API key is completely FREE.
- Why Smiling Robots?
Because we don’t like sad robots.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Another Unit Converter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Another Unit Converter” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix PHP Warning in class-currency-conversion.php.
- Prevent Fatal when mbstring extension is not available (#42).
- Allow users to reset/clear conversion.
- Initial release: a new plugin is born.