Note this plugin doesn’t work with the latest version of Visual Composer. It remains here for reference and for people using older versions of Visual Composer.
Background Videos for Visual Composer gives you the ability to add background videos to any Visual Composer row.
Each row allows you to specify mp4, webm and/or ogg video files to be used as a background. You can optionally add a semi-transparent overlay of a solid colour or a pre-defined pattern.
Other provided options include:
- Add pause/play button
- Auto-pause after (time in seconds)
- Poster / fallback image
- Pause/play button position
- Overlay opacity
Background Videos for Visual Composer is developed and maintained by the BG Stock team.
Search for ‘Background Videos for Visual Composer’ on WordPress’ ‘Add Plugin’ screen and install from there, or:
background-videos-for-vcfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Which video file types should I use?
We recommend using at least mp4 and webm. We recommend this video converter to convert your video to the required file types.
- Where do I add the background video?
Edit any row in Visual Composer, and you’ll see a tab called ‘Row Background Video’. All of the plugin options are contained therein.
- The Visual Composer front-end editor doesn’t update the video!
This is due to us having to use a workaround to insert the video tag into Visual Composer’s default [vc_row] shortcode. Rest assured if you save and refresh the page, you will see your new video.
Contributors & Developers
“Background Videos for Visual Composer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Prevented fatal error if plugin installed without Visual Composer active
- Fixed a bug that broke videos with no overlay
- Updated screenshots and banner
- Updated banner
- Updated readme
- Updated readme
- First release