This plugin was inspired by Medium, it makes images load better on page paint. Providing a ‘blurred’ version of the image at the correct scale, then fading the true image in once loaded.
It works by default on all post featured images leveraging the WordPress post_thumbnail_html filter.
For inline images the plugin searches through your post content and refactors the image for better loading.
You may need to regenerate thumbnails to create the blurred image for each attachment image. We recommend using the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
This plugin is designed to accommodate the image dimension ratio of the full size version. If you are using cropped images you may experience resizing issues.
- Ability to turn off better image loading for post/page content
- Ability to select if you want a blurred image or a single color image like Google Images
- Load larger images only when in view
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder better-image-loading/ to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin panel.
- Installation finished.
- I recommend you regenerate all thumbnails if your media library is not empty.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Better Image Loading” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed warning with newer versions of WooCommerce
- Added CSS blur effect to loading images
- Further performance improvements
- Performance improvements
- Removed neglected code
- Fixed issue with getting attachment id from url
- Partial rewrite
- Added support for WooCommerce
- Improved support for captions (specifically the standard WordPress caption shortcode)
- Added support for images within links
- Added support for image captions
- General code cleanup
- Added support for existing width/height attributes of images
- Fixed bug displaying images in post content
- Plugin released