BuddyForms Ultimate Member allows your users to write, edit and upload posts, images, video, & just about any other content to your site, right from their Ultimate Member Profile!
Once you download the plugin, it’s super simple to setup All you have to do is drag-and-drop to build the form your users will be submitting on the front-end.
Works with your existing Plugins
The easy way to bring your existing plugins into the Ultimate Member ecosystem and make it accessible for your users right from their profile.
For Any Post Type
Choose which post type should be created when users submit your form. Turn any custom-post-type based WordPress plugin into a collaborative publishing tool and let your users adding content!
Online Magazines, Blogs, Directories, Stores, Marketplaces, FAQ’s… you name it.
Easy Form Builder
Create and customize forms on the fly with easy drag and drop editing. No coding necessary.
Moderate new Posts. Allow your users to create new versions of there posts and resent them to review without hiding the published post.
You get all the necessary elements like Text Fields, Email Input, Checkboxes, Dropdowns and more.
You can choose how your members create, manage and edit their posts. Adjust the permissions for every form to your needs.
- WooCommerce Simple Auctions
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Posts 2 Posts
- And many more. See the Extensions on the BuddyForms.com site for all available extensions
See this Video how to use the Plugin
Documentation & Support
Extensive Documentation and Support
All code is neat, clean and well documented (inline as well as in the documentation).
The BuddyForms Documentation with many how-to’s is following now!
If you still get stuck somewhere, our support gets you back on the right track.
You can find all help buttons in your BuddyForms Settings Panel in your WP Dashboard!
Please make sure you have the following plugins installed and activated:
You can download and install the plugin by using the built-in WordPress plugin installer. If you download the plugin manually,
make sure it is uploaded to „/wp-content/plugins/“.
Activate the plugin in the „Plugins“ admin panel by using the „Activate“ link.
BuddyForms and Ultimate Member
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyForms Ultimate Member” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.3.15 – 6 Nov 2022
- Removed wp_die call after trying to activate plugin without BuddyForms or UM installed
- Updated download link in TGM class.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1
1.3.14 – 6 Aug 2022
- Fixed security issue.
- Improved Freemius integration.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.0.1
1.3.13 – 17 May 2022
- Updated readme.txt
1.3.12 – 31 Mar 2022
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9
1.3.11 – 23 Dec 2021
- Fixed validation issue during plugin activation.
1.3.10 – 10 Jul 2021
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8
- Fixed issue with pagination on the integrated form post list. This fix require BuddyForms 2.5.31 or higher.
- Fixed CSS glitch on the Upload field.
1.3.9 – 8 Mar 2021
- Tested with latest version of WordPress.
1.3.8 – 20 Nov 2020
- Fixed internationalization and integration with Loco Translate.
- Improved usability on the privacy options in both moderation and collaboration tab.
- Tested with latest version of WordPress.
1.3.7 – 8 May 2020
- Fixing the Now link show when the list of post is empty.
1.3.6 – 30 April 2020
- Added a new check to make sure only published posts get added to the activity component and also only one time.
- Added a global option to setup the integration with moderation and collaborative publishing.
- Improved the compatibility for the moderation and collaborative tab with ultimate member now is possible to select more privacy options.
1.3.5 – 11 Feb 2020
- Fixed the style issue faced for some of the form component getting more width than the parent.
- Improved compatibility with WP 5.3
- Fixed the permission to check if the user have create permission to show the create button in the UM profile tab.
- Fixed the hook priority for the post list actions.
1.3.4 – 30 Sep 2019
- Fixed the list of entries to only show the entries belong to the current form.
- Start add collaborative publishing support.
- Added a Moderation support.
- Fixed the redirection to create a new entry after edit one entry.
- Added a new options to allow frontend moderation in Ultimate Member.
- Added a new options to allow frontend collaborative publishing in Ultimate Member.
1.3.3 – 19 Aug 2019
- Added a filter to change the name of the sub-tabs to view the list of entries and the form.
Aug 02 2019
* Fixed an issue with the profile not display custom tabs. There is a new filter um_user_profile_tabs
Jul 31 2019
* Fixed an issue with the parent tab if the form slug was with a ‘-‘.
* Ultimate Member has new privacy settings. ‘default_privacy’ => 3,
Jun 16 2019
* Added a new option to enable support for the social activity extension
Make the plugin compatible with WordPress 5.2
* Clean up and Improve the code.
- Added Text Domain: buddyforms and make all strings like „create“ and „view“ translatable
- Added new option for the menu icon
- Fixed some smaller issues
- Rebuild all to work with UM Version 2
- Added new premium features
- Added new options for viability and labels
- Added UM extension support
- Add new translation strings
- Removed the old freemius integration and add the parent code
- Fixed an issue if multiple forms used in different tabs with the same post type the tab default got broken
- Changed the logic to add multi tab support
- If form slug is posts the form conflicts with the default tab „posts“ and only can be use with the option „Use Attached Page as Parent Tab and make this form a sub tab of the parent“
- Fixed all issues reported by users
- Add an admin notice to the form builder in the metabox and above the update form
–> This form slug is „posts“. This slug is reserved for the Ultimate Member Posts Tab. You can only Use Attached Page as Parent Tab and make this form a sub tab of the parent. Please check both options
- Optimised and clean up the code
- Freemius Integration
- Fixed an issue with the dependencies management. If pro was activated it still ask for the free. Fixed now with a new default in the core to check if the pro is active.
- Add dependencies management with tgm
- fixed an issue with the user url structure rewrite. It only worked if the Profile Permalink Base was set to user. Should work now with all settings
- Hooks rename session
- Add the buddyforms_metabox_class class to the postmetabox to make sure it get displayed.
- Prevent Ultimate Member from flush rewrite roles with every page load.
- Add inline documentation
- Add a check if $buddyforms is an array to avoid undefined index issues
- There was an issue in the profile if the form slug has a „-“ I have fixed this by add a global $bf_um_tabs to save the form slug without „-„
- Add new parameter to the list posts shortcode to display the correct posts. There was a issue displaying always the logged in user posts.
- code cleanup
- Final Version