** Download and File Manager plugin is a user-friendly solution for uploading, managing, and supporting documents or files in a structured directory listing. Its features enable multiple users to access and provide feedback on files, which builds a sense of community among them. Whether you’re looking to arrange important documents for your team, share files with clients or partners, or facilitate collaboration among colleagues, our updated and tested 2023 Version has all your needs covered.**
Our Download and File Manager plugin makes file organization simple by creating an intuitive index page that categorizes downloads based on your preferences. This enables users to quickly and easily locate the files they need, without having to dig through folders or search for specific filenames. With this file manager plugin, you can customize the categories to suit your unique needs and ensure that your files are always organized and accessible. What is more, the index page provides direct links to all of the download files, so users can get what they need with just a few clicks.
Download and File Manager Plugin Use-Cases
- Plugin Directory – Creates a plugin directory that is similar to any other WordPress Plugins Directory.
- Download Counter – Counts the number of downloads for each downloadable file.
- Support forum – Supports your users by letting them vote and comment on existing topics that relate to each download.
- Customer Support – Support for retail customer’s questions.
- File Manager – Manages files in a directory structure.
- MP3 and Music file directory – Manages music downloads and allows users to listen to audio files before downloading.
- Videos file directory – Manages video downloads and allow users to preview them before downloading.
- Users Groups Permission – Manage user groups permission to access downloads.
- Charge for Downloads / Uploads – Charge users for uploading / downloading files.
Basic Features of the Download and File Manager Plugin
- Includes a download counter.
- Includes voting for each download.
- Includes download categories.
- Administrators can manage downloads.
- Built-in support forum for each download.
- Template can be customized in several ways.
- Filter downloads with an internal search engine.
- Administrators can define the types of file extensions supported.
- User can track his or her downloads from their user profile.
- User can receive email notifications on newly submitted support questions.
Pro Version Features
- Multiple-File Upload – Ability to upload multiple files to download page. Each file can have its own title. The files can be zipped automatically or downloaded separately.
- MicroPayment – Grant or charge virtual currency based on use-case.
- User Groups Permissions – Set access control based on users groups. Admin can define global settings while user can define access settings per each download.
- Social Media Registration Integration – Integrates with Facebook and LinkedIn. View Image One, View Image 2
- Shortcodes/Widgets – Generates top level contributors list, recent updates, and in most cases, a download items list.
- View Restriction – Defines according to each download whether or not it is open to non-logged in users. If only logged in users are allowed, administrators can also define whose user roles can view specific downloads. This can be set by Admin or you can give the user ability to custom define their view. View Image
- Password Protection – Protects downloads with passwords. View Image
- File Preview Option – Support showing content with external viewer. Download including PDF / DOC / XLS files can be viewed with Google docs viewer.
- Extended Notifications – Send custom email notifications to download authors, notify users of file uploads, notify the admin when uploads are pending approval.
- Upload Restrictions – Defines which user roles can create new downloads. View Image
- URL / Shortcode – Allows the inclusion of an external URL or a Shortcode in download page instead of uploading a file. This is useful for integration with other plugins for support with checkout shopping carts and for selling downloads. View Example of EDD integration , View Example of User Selection
- Related Downloads – Show Related downloads on the Download page. View Image
- Downloads Page Tabs – Shows more tabs for detailed download descriptions on the Download page, which the admin can control in the settings.
- Search – Filters search results by date, download type and username.
- Moderate User Comments – Administators can moderate user comments. View Image
- Auto-Approve Comments and Answers from Users – Administrators can define a list of users who do not need any moderation. View Image
- Multisite- Supports multisite.
- Public User Profile – Automatically generates a public profile page that contains the number of downloads each user has posted with a link to his or her social media profile. View Image
- Gravatar – Ability to show a Gravatar near the user name and in user profile. View Image
- Order Comments – Shows comments on the Download page in either ascending or descending order.
- Localization Support – Frontend (user side) is localized/
- View Count – Shows view count for each download and lets you control how the view count is tabulated (by view or by session)
- Permalinks – Ability to change permalink from /cmdownloads to a user defined directory.
- Support Tab – Ability to remove support forum and also other tabs from the Download page.
- Slide Show – Ability to turn off the slide show.
- Disclaimer – Add an option to show a disclaimer for first time users.
- Gratitude Message – Does not include the CMinds Gratitude message in the footer.
- External Viewer – Adds external links to Google Docs viewer for supported Google Docs file types.
- MP3 Viewer – Adds an embedded mp3 player for listening to music files.
- Downloads Index Views – Option to toggle between a list view and a tiles view of your downloads.
- Social Share – Includes a social share widget in the question page.
- Log & Statistics – Detailed reports and download statistics including who downloaded each file.
- FTP Storage – Choose an FTP storage instead of the local website storage.
Add-Ons & Extensions
Suggested Plugins by CreativeMinds
- CM Super ToolTip Glossary – Easily creates a Glossary, Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of your website’s terms and shows them as a tooltip in posts and pages when hovering. With many more powerful features.
- CM Answers Plugin – A fully-featured WordPress Questions & Answers Plugin that allows you to build multiple discussion forum systems Just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora, Now with MicroPayment and Anonymous posting support!
- CM MicroPayments – Adds the in-site support for your own „virtual currency“. The purpose of this plugin is to allow in-site transactions without the necessity of processing the external payments each time (quicker & easier). Developers can use it as a platform to integrate with their own plugins.
- CM Restrict Content – A full-featured, powerful membership solution and content restriction plugin for WordPress. Support access by role to content on your site.
- CM OnBoarding – Superb Guidance tool which improves the online experience and
the user satisfaction.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Manage your CM Download and File Manager from Left Side Admin Menu
- All download are located on /cmdownloads/
- User dashboard is located on /cmdownload/dashboard/
- Before adding first download please define download categories
Note: You must have a call to wp_head() in your template in order for the JS plugin files to work properly. If your theme does not support this you will need to link to these files manually in your theme (not recommended).
How can I customize the look & feel of the plugin?
In your template you can create a directory called „CMDM“. Inside this you can place a structure that is similar to the one inside „cm-download-manager/views/frontend/“. If the file can be found in your template directory, then it will have a priority. Otherwise, the default file from the plugin directory will be used.
Contributors & Developers
“CM Download and File Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Date: 6th Aug 2023
- Fixed problem with site health
Release Date: 21st Mar 2023
- Update package info
Release Date: 27th Feb 2023
- added function for automatically detects and fixes the 404 issues after permalink changes
Release Date: 10th Nov 2022
- update support links
Release Date: 6th Sep 2022
- Security fix
Release Date: 1st Sep 2022
- Security fix
Release Date: 25th August 2022
- Change in documentation link
Release Date: 5th Oct 2018
- Fixed bug on plugin installation
Release Date: 23rd May 2018
- Add GDPR support
Release Date: 5th April 2018
- Fixed session_start() PHP warning
- Added Italian translation po/mo files.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the changelog on cminds.com