DaeColor the first category color coding plugin for wordpress by DaeVision inc.
Itís a simple plug-in that adds categories and a colored block to the beginning of posts (look at the advanced instructions for manual insertion). You can either use the color picker to select the category color or use our color coding algorithm to automatically generate a unique color for each of your categories. The color of the block generated is based on the category name.
You can edit the CSS of the plugin to suit your needs. It adds a nice splash of color to your site
Follow the steps below to install the plugin.
- Download DaeColor.zip
- Upload it into your wordpress plugins directory,or Login to your wordpress and go to plugins ==> add new and upload the zip file into there
- Activate the plugin
- Voila at the begining of your posts there will be a colored block and the category that the post is listed in. The color of the block is determined/generated by the name of your category.
Instructions to Change the CSS
- Go to your plugins page on wordpress
- find the daecolor plugin
- click on edit
- on the right hand side click on the style.css file for the daecolor plugin
- edit away ( http://www.sflchronicle.com is using it and has done some pretty cool css to it. )
- To get to the settings page, login to your wordpress backend
- Go to settings => DaeColor settings
- Here you will see the list of your current categories and their corresponding colors.
- Here you can also modify the algorithm used to generate the colors and see real time the effect on your categories.
- Also you can select to have the DaeColor box appear before your post or manual placement.
- To save changes made, click the „the colors duke! the colors!“ box
Advanced Instructions (for manual insertion)
- In the wordpress backend go to settings => DaeColor settings
- Select manual placement click the „the colors duke! the colors!“ box to save the setting
- use this code : To manually insert this into your theme/page/post . This code must be within the Loop.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DaeColor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
More features and updates are coming. Check back with us at www.DaeVision.com to leave some feedback and get our latest updates and newest plugins.
- Color Picker added to manually select each color category.
- Category Color Generator updated to use all 6 hex values.
- Added placemnet option to add DaeColor After Post.
*fixed upgrade bug – not showing colors in settings
*updated DaeColor settings css style so it looks good