Whitelist makes making password-protected / members only wordpress sites a breeze. It creates a Roadblock on your site allowing only whitelisted users to get through. It’s also perfect for wordpress websites that are in alpha / beta /testing phase where owners can invite only a specific set of users by email to test out the website. Apart from the Roadblock spam visitors can be blocked by enabling the Recaptcha that this plugin provides.
Once you activate the plugin your website will be blocked to everyone and visitors would be shown a Roadblock page where they can enter their email to visit your site. If their email is on the whitelist they’ll be given the option to create a password and login to your site.
Installing „WordPress Plugin Template“ can be done either by searching for „WordPress Plugin Template“ via the „Plugins > Add New“ screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- What TYPE of users does this plugin create?
New users are WordPress users of WP type CLIENT.
- I hate the captcha can you remove it?
Remove all your captcha keys from the plugin settings and it will be disabled.
- Can I remove users created by the plugin?
Yes, you can do that by going into the Users section of your WordPress admin area and removing them. You can also do it by removing their email from the whitelist.
Contributors & Developers
“Whitelist” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added support for importing multiple email addresses
- Fixed output header issue
- Fixed UI
- Updated More Addons
- Updated Addons
- Added hard mode
- Support for Custom message on login page
- Added support for addons
- Replaced Recaptcha with local version of Captcha
- Feature Added: Users can now login with just an email
- Initial release