File upload form and cloud storage for websites to receive documents, photos, videos, print jobs or other larges files from your visitors in a convenient, customizable and secure way.
Drag & Drop file and folder upload form with customizable design, custom fields and data, backend cloud storage included, e-mail notifications, multi-language, filters, advanced file management and end-to-end encryption for secure transfers.
Install plugin and copy [files_fm_upload] shortcode where you want the File upload form to appear. You need to create free cloud storage account.
Read more and test how the file upload form works: https://files.fm/upload-form
Features and Quality
- Customizable design (see more below „Design Features and Appearance“)
- Progress bar for a file upload
- Drag and Drop or simple selection for files or folders
- Extendable storage for backend cloud (1GB for free accounts, Pro subscription plans for more)
- Large file transfer with unlimited number of files per upload (0.1GB for free, subscribe for more)
- Fast, reliable and secure file upload and download:
- Secure HTTPS end-to-end transfer encryption
- All files are scanned with antivirus on the cloud server side
- Uploads are automatically restarted in case of network interruption
- Convenient file management. Received files can be managed through:
- Files.fm web interface: file sorting, search, preview, folder downloads via ZIP
- File view, download and access statistics
- Mount as network drive
- Synced to local folders via Files.fm Sync Desktop software
- API access
- User input field data is stored along with files and sent via e-mail to you
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
Design Features: Look & Feel customization
- Unlimited count of customizable input fields
- Various types of input fields: text, select dropdown, date, description, checkbox
- Customizable labels and placeholders for fields
- Ability to indicate whether a field is required or not
- Different display types
- A simple form in your website where the shortcode of the plugin is inserted
- „Single Button“ Pop-up form that is shown after clicking on a button that appears where the widget of the plugin is inserted
- Choice of any color for the interface of the form
- Customizable size: height and width
- Multi and custom language support (EN, ES, DE, RU, FI etc)
- for the notification messages of the form and automatic e-mails (note that you can create texts and field descriptions of the form in any language you want)
- built-in language switcher in the form
Features for Pro and Business cloud storage plans
- Multi user – specify recipients of files
- Bigger backed cloud storage: 250GB – 16TB for PRO and Business
- Bigger upload file size limits: 10GB for PRO, 30GB+ for Business, Unlimited for Enterprise
- Specifying upload target folders. You can add a folder selection dropdown field in your upload form to let your customers select a folder where they want to upload files or specify particular target folder.
- Unlimited count of admin notification e-mail recipients. You can specify several admin users who would receive uploaded files and add a recipient selection dropdown field in your upload form in order to let your customers select a specific admin user to whom upload files.
- Customizable info e-mails: add your company’s logo in the header of automatic e-mails that are sent to your customers.
Files.fm provides secure and customizable cloud storage solutions for business and private users to store, share, backup or sell original content worldwide.
We are always happy to hear feedback and suggestions from our users! Feel free to contact us: email@example.com
- Install the plugin via WordPress Plugin Directory or manually
- Activate the plugin through the „Plugins“ menu in your WordPress admin
- Open „Files.fm Upload Configuration“ in your WordPress admin
- Create your free Files.fm cloud storage account (only e-mail and password is needed)
- Configure the form as you want
- Copy the form’s shortcode [files_fm_upload] and paste in your WP page where needed
- Text instructions: https://files.fm/f/f8fb3rp7
- Screenshot instructions: https://files.fm/u/uzfnxy5v
- Video instructions: https://files.fm/f/yg96au4f
- Where can I see a working Demo?
Visit this link to try out a File Upload Form demo and see the customization options: https://files.fm/upload-form#configuration
- Do I have to change something, e.g. upload limits, in my server settings?
No, you don’t need extra space or don’t have to change anything in your hosting server configuration. Files are uploaded to Files.fm backend cloud storage which provides file handling, filtering, link access and e-mail transfers.
- What kind of files can be uploaded?
There is no restriction on type – any type of files can be uploaded. But You can enforce limits on extensions.
- What is the maximum size of upload?
The maximum size of each upload (one or multiple files) is:
- 100 MB for free user accounts
- 10GB for PRO user
- 30GB for Business user
- How big is the cloud storage space?
Available cloud storage space is:
- 1GB – 20GB for Free user accounts
- 250GB – 16TB for PRO or Business plans
See more info about the Plans and pricing here: https://files.fm/storage-plans
- What are access restrictions of uploaded files?
There is several options of access restrictions that you can set up in your Files.fm account:
- Link access: anyone who knows the link, can access it’s contents
- password protected links
- Private: only you can access files stored in your Files.fm account
- Is it safe to use this plugin to receive important files?
Yes, files are transferred over secure HTTPS protocol. You can also change the settings of file access rights to private – only you can see them when logged in your Files.fm account.
- Which languages are supported?
For notifications of the form and e-mails that are automatically sent after uploads we support English, Spanish, German, Russian, Finnish and Latvian.
However, note that you can customize texts and field descriptions of the form without restrictions. Hence the form can be created in any language you need.
- If you have any other questions or suggestions feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributors & Developers
“Customizable File Upload Form with Backend Cloud Storage” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release date: 2016.01.20
- This is the first version of the plugin. It is carefully tested and should work as expected.
Release date: 2016.06.14
- Bug fix: iframe width and scrollbars
Release date: 2016.09.02
- Added new features
Release date: 2016.11.23
- Added new features
Release date: 2016.11.30
- Improvements for the form’s pop up display mode.
Release date: 2017.11.15
- Fixed PHP7 warning
Release date: 2017.11.27
- Added support for WordPress 4.9
Release date: 2018.05.24
- File upload form is now loaded over HTTPS
- Added informative error message for when the file upload form is not available
Release date: 2020.03.24
- Feature and description updates