Grouped Content helps you manage and access your hierarchical pages naturally and automatically. All it takes is the simple action of setting a parent page. (Which you are probably already doing!)
Enhanced Page Management
With Grouped Content, you’ll be able to access pages faster, quickly generate new draft pages in bulk, and better visualize your site’s hierarchy. Additionally, you’ll be able to see overview statistics of each page group, helping you know what content needs to be worked on.
Grouped Content is light and simple with a few powerful features. For this reason, you don’t need to commit to reading an entire knowledge base or hire an expensive tech expert. You can get started immediately all while keeping control of your site’s pages with these main features:
- Groups Admin Page. View hierarchical pages and group statistics in an easy-to-navigate, distraction-free area.
- Page Relatives Metabox. Access parent, sibling, and child pages immediately upon setting a parent page.
- Content Generator. Quickly add new draft pages and automate menu creation to efficiently create new groups of content and navigation for your site.
Grouped Content is built open-source and fully documented so that your developers can quickly build Grouped Content into exactly what you need it to be. To make customization even easier, plenty of hooks are also made available. This lets customizations be quickly added and easily maintained as new versions of Grouped Content are released.
Grouped Content does not require any configurations after being activated. If you have already been making use of page hierarchies, Grouped Content will automatically enhance your experience of maintaining page structures. Grouped Content makes use of WordPress’s native page hierarchies system rather than cluttering your database with additional data, so it is extremely lightweight. Here are the features you should notice upon proper installation and activation:
The Groups Screen
After installing and activating Grouped Content on your WordPress website, you’ll see a new admin page in your lefthand menu titled Groups. It should be right below Pages. This is where you’ll be able to instantly see any page hierarchies that you’ve established. If you have not set any Parent Pages, then this will be empty until you do.
The Page Relatives Metabox
Another noticeable feature that’s been added to your admin area is the Page Relatives metabox. It is available in the righthand sidebar when editing a Page. If the page currently being edited has been assigned a Parent Page or the page has been assigned as the Parent Page on other pages, the Page Relatives box will display links to the related content so you can readily access them.
If you are unsure of proper functioning or installation of Grouped Content, please review the screenshots listed at the bottom of the plugin’s Details section. If you are still experiencing issues, please do not hesitate to submit to the support forum.
This plugin is multisite compatible and may be activated per site or network activated for all sites. There is no difference in functionality between the different activation methods.
If you have any questions during or after installation, please submit to Grouped Content’s support forum.
Why don’t I see anything in Groups?
Groups are formed when you set a Parent Page for a page. When editing a page, you may assign a Parent Page in the Page Attributes section on the righthand side of your edit screen.
If you can’t find this panel, it may be hidden. Be sure to check the Screen Options to enable the metabox.
Why can’t I find the Page Relatives metabox?
If the Page Relatives metabox is not listed on the righthand side when editing a page, it may be hidden. Be sure to check the Screen Options to enable the metabox.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Grouped Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.0.0 – 2022-06-16
- Fix: Author link ?post_type=page param was misspelled as ?post-type=page in the Groups details admin screen
- Tweak: Refactored code to improve source code organization and better follow WordPress Coding Standards
1.2.3 – 2020-05-18
- Fix: Child pages published before their parent would have malformed permalinks
- Fix: Parent page setting would be overwritten when updating a child page that has a draft parent
- Tweak: Changed Font Awesome 5 for anonymous loading of Font Awesome 4.7.0 as suggested by the plugins team
1.2.2 – 2020-05-12
- Fix: PHP 7.0 compatibility issue breaking the Groups details output screen
- Tweak: Removed admin notices from plugin pages
- Tweak: Removed FontAwesome5 local files to instead load remotely
1.2.1 – 2020-01-24
- Fix: Improved loading condition for Page Relatives metabox scripts
1.2.0 – 2020-01-24
- New: Groups toplevel directory details
- New: Added sequential content option to Content Generator for improved page sorting
- Tweak: Improved styling consistency for Groups admin screens
- Tweak: Page Relatives metabox now refreshes when saving a new Parent Page in the Gutenberg editor
1.1.0 – 2020-01-13
- New: Content Generator feature to add new draft pages in bulk with a corresponding menu
1.0.0 – 2020-01-03
- New: Groups admin menu page to navigate through hierarchical content in a natural, distraction-free area
- New: Page Relatives metabox to quickly access related pages and groups
- Initial Release