A simple WordPress plugin to extend save functionality to your keyboard outside of the general editor. This plugin lets you save your posts, pages, and custom post types in the most natural way: pressing Ctrl+S (or Cmd+S on Mac).
You can select the keyboard trigger that the action performs, by default it will save the draft or if you wish go to Settings > Writing and select the action you wish it to perform.
This plugin is actively maintained on GitHub. I welcome your pull requests, comments and suggestions for improvement.
Installing the plugin is easy. Just follow these steps:
- From the dashboard of your site, navigate to Plugins –> Add New.
- Select the Upload option and hit \“Choose File.\“
- When the popup appears select the keyboard-save-x.x.zip file from your desktop. (The \’x.x\’ will change depending on the current version number).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait as the upload completes.
- When it\’s finished, activate the plugin via the prompt. A message will show confirming activation was successful.
- Then navigate to the notification edit screen you wish to add an attachment.
Contributors & Developers
“Keyboard Save” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.