MultiSafepay is a collecting payment service provider which means we take care of the agreements, technical details and
payment collection required for each payment method. You can start selling online today and manage all your transactions
from one place.
Supported Payment Methods
* American Express
* Apple Pay
* Bank transfer
* Betaal per Maand
* Pay After Delivery
* Request to Pay
* SEPA Direct Debit
* SOFORT Banking
* Baby Cadeaubon
* Beauty & Wellness
* Fashion Giftcard
* Good4fun Giftcard
* Nationale Tuinbon
* Parfum Cadeaukaart
* Sport & Fit
* VVV Giftcard
* Webshop gift card
* Wellness gift card
To use the plugin you need a MultiSafepay account.
Create an account
- Search for the ‘MultiSafepay’ plugin via ‘Add New’ from the WordPress menu
- Press the ‘Install now’ button
- Download the plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory
- Unzip the downloaded file to a local directory
- Upload the directory ‘multisafepay’ to /wp-content/plugins/ on the remote server
- Activate the ‘MultiSafepay’ plugin via ‘Plugin’ from the WordPress menu
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> MultiSafepay Settings
- In Account tab, set the API key. Information about the API key can be found on our API key page. Click on Save changes button.
- Go to Order Status tab and confirm the match between WooCommerce order statuses and MultiSafepay order statuses. Click on Save changes button.
- Go to Options tab and confirm the settings for each field. Click on Save changes button.
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Payments. Click on the payment methods you would like to offer, check and set or confirm the settings for those been enable. Click on Save changes button.
How can I install the plugin for WooCommerce?
- Installation instruction can be found in our Manual page.
How can I update the plugin for WooCommerce?
Before you update the plugin, we strongly recommend you the following:
- Make sure you have a backup of your production environment
- Test the plugin in a staging environment.
- Go to our Manual page, download the plugin and follow the instructions from step 2.
It is possible to generate a payment link when an order has been created at the backend in WooCommerce.
The customer will receive the payment link in the email send by WooCommerce with the order details. Also the payment link will be added to the order notes.
Please follow these steps:
- Login into your backend and navigate to WooCommerce -> Orders -> Add order.
- Register the order details as explained in WooCommerce documentation.
- In „Order actions“ panel; select the option „Email invoice / order details to customer“.
- Click on „Create“ order button.
- An email will be sended to the customer with the details of the order and a payment link to finish the order.
- The payment link will be available for the customer in their private account area, in „Orders“ section.
Can I refund orders?
Yes, you can fully or partially refund transactions directly from your WooCommerce backend for all payment methods, except for Billing Suite payment methods in which it is only possible to process full refunds.
You can also refund from your MultiSafepay Control
Contributors & Developers
“MultiSafepay plugin for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.15.0 (May 25th, 2022)
- DAVAMS-470: Add terms and conditions checkbox to AfterPay
- PLGWOOS-805: Declare support for WordPress 6.0
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.14.0 (May 19th, 2022)
- DAVAMS-476: Add Alipay+
- PLGWOOS-804: Use default locale if get_locale returns null to prevent third party plugin errors
- PHPSDK-93: Upgrade the PHP-SDK dependency to 5.5.0
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.13.1 (Mar 23th, 2022)
- PLGWOOS-792: Declare support for WordPress 5.9.2 and WooCommerce 6.3.1
- PLGWOOS-790: Improvement on debug mode, logging the body of the POST notification request
- PLGWOOS-791: Fix error when WooCommerce order is not found after receive a valid POST notification
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.13.0 (Feb 1st, 2022)
- PLGWOOS-770: Add payment component support for payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express
- PLGWOOS-774: Add support to process ‘smart_coupon’ coupons from Smart Coupons third party plugin
- PLGWOOS-775: Log shopping cart content when debug mode is enabled
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.12.0 (Jan 13th, 2022)
- PLGWOOS-769: Add new filter ‘multisafepay_merchant_item_id’ to allow third party developers overwrite the merchant_item_id property within the ShoppingCart object
- PLGWOOS-744: Update ‘Betaal per Maand’ default max_amount value, according with new product rules
- PLGWOOS-759: Rebrand Sofort payment method
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.11.0 (Jan 4th, 2022)
- PLGWOOS-745: Add Payment Component
- PLGWOOS-765: Refactor PaymentMethodsController::generate_orders_from_backend() to work only with one argument and avoiding conflicts with third party plugins
- PLGWOOS-745: Tokenization now works through the Payment Component
- PLGWOOS-763: Fix error on plugin list when application can not connect with wordpress network
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.10.0 (Dec 13th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-748: Add PHP-SDK version to system report
- PLGWOOS-758: Add filter to turn notifications to GET method
- DAVAMS-460: Remove ING Home’Pay
- PLGWOOS-695: Replace HTTP Client, use WP_HTTP instead kriswallsmith/buzz
- PLGWOOS-749: Replace logo of Bancontact for new one
- PLGWOOS-752: Fix missing placeholder for Test API Key input field in settings page
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.9.0 (Oct 18th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-715: Add 2 „Generic Gateways“ which include a flexible gateway code that allows any merchant to connect to almost every payment method we offer.
- PLGWOOS-746: Declare support for WordPress 5.8.1 and WooCommerce 5.8.0
- PLGWOOS-740: Improve the helper text of the Google Analytics ID setting field, adding a link to Documentation Center
- PLGWOOS-747: Upgrade the PHP-SDK component to 5.3.0
- PLGWOOS-739: Fix fatal error related with undefined method when processing orders using iDEAL QR
- PLGWOOS-743: Fix broken links to Documentation Center in settings page
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.8.3 (Sep 6th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-737: Fix error related with refunds by updating the PHP-SDK to 5.2.1
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.8.2 (Sep 2nd, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-730: Declare support for WooCommerce 5.6.0
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.8.1 (Aug 9th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-727: Show error message from the API in the checkout page, when there is an error on direct transactions
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.8.0 (Aug 4th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-723: Declare support for WooCommerce 5.5.2 and WordPress 5.8
- PLGWOOS-711: Add missing titles in setting pages
- PLGWOOS-718: Remove PSP ID string when register the transaction ID in WC_Order->payment_complete()
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.7.0 (Jun 23th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-706: Declare support for WooCommerce 5.4.1
- PLGWOOS-672: Change notification method from GET to POST by default
- PLGWOOS-704: Log errors in the MultiSafepay log file, when processing notifications.
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.6.0 (May 19th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-625: Add log section in MultiSafepay settings page
- PLGWOOS-666: Add MultiSafepay system status section in settings page
- PLGWOOS-376: Add support to show upgrade notices in plugin list
- PLGWOOS-657: Add nl_BE language
- PLGWOOS-694: Fix notification for orders fully paid with gift cards
- PLGWOOS-692: Fix Second Chance within the orderRequest object
- PLGWOOS-654: Fix the gateway_id assigned to the properties of each token
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.5.1 (Apr 7th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-661: Fix payment methods ids to match list of gateway lists keys, which was producing an error to process notification for Sofort payments
- PLGWOOS-663: Fix stock decreasing error, in relation with Bank Transfer gateway and notification flows
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.5.0 (Mar 31th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-659: Fix initialization of the plugin on multisite environments in which WooCommerce has been activate network wide
- PLGWOOS-534: Add generic gateway
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.4.1 (Mar 25th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-653: Fix overwriting initial order status when transaction is initialized
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.4.0 (Mar 23th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-648: Return 0 as tax rate, if WooCommerce taxes are disabled but tax rules are registered
- PLGWOOS-647: Add verification to check if the token used in the transaction belongs to the customer
- PLGWOOS-651: Add setting to select type of transaction in SEPA Direct Debit, E-Invoicing, in3, Santander Consumer Finance, AfterPay and iDEAL
- PLGWOOS-644: Add setting to select type of transaction in Pay After Delivery
- PLGWOOS-640: Add setting to select type of transaction in Bank Transfer
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.3.0 (Mar 18th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-626: Fix order not being cancelled when customer cancels the order
- PLGWOOS-630: Fix include shipping item in full refund of billing suite payment methods
- PLGWOOS-629: Add shipping item to the order request, even if this one is free
- PLGWOOS-631: Add delivery address in order request even if the shipping amount is 0
- PLGWOOS-634: Add settings field to redirect to checkout page or cart page on cancelling the order
- PLGWOOS-635: Add suggestion to set default initial order status for bank transfer to wc-on-hold
- PLGWOOS-636: Add notification endpoint from version 3.8.0 to process deprecated notifications
- PLGWOOS-622: Change notification url for all payment methods to a single notification url
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.2.2 (Mar 16th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-632: Fix undefined method get_the_user_ip
- PLGWOOS-621: Fix division by zero when fee price is 0
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.2.1 (Mar 11th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-613: Fix error related with multiple forwarded IPs by updating the PHP-SDK to 5.0.1
- PLGWOOS-398: Add support to change the data in the OrderRequest using WordPress filters
- PLGWOOS-614: Avoid changing order status if transaction is partially refunded
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.2.0 (Mar 9th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-602: Move invoice and shipped settings field from order status tab to options tab
- PLGWOOS-602: Remove completed status from order status tab in settings page
- PLGWOOS-601: Change default status for declined transactions from wc-cancelled to wc-failed
- PLGWOOS-599: Fix typo in string message when payment method changes
- PLGWOOS-598: Replace hardcoded url using plugins_url function
- PLGWOOS-605: Fix description of country filter field
- PLGWOOS-603: Add setting field for custom order description
- PLGWOOS-604: Add forwarded IP to the CustomerDetails object
- PLGWOOS-597: Support for orders with is_vat_exempt
- PLGWOOS-606: Add chargedback transaction status in plugin settings
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.8 (Mar 5th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-593: Register PSP ID in WooCommerce order using order complete payment method
- PLGWOOS-593: Change notification method on completed status to use $order->complete_payment()
- PLGWOOS-594: Fix Credit Card payment method form, to show description if customer is not logged in
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.7 (Mar 3th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-579: Remove warning message on validation, when enabling CREDITCARD gateway
- PLGWOOS-584: Fix conflict with third party plugins related with Discovery exception
- PLGWOOS-585: Set MultiSafepay transaction as shipped or invoiced using order number instead of order id
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.6 (Mar 2nd, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-574: Add locale support
- PLGWOOS-575: Change settings page capability requirement from manage_options to manage_woocommerce
- PLGWOOS-580: Show credit card payment method description in checkout
- PLGWOOS-569: Remove class that trigger validation styles for ideal select in checkout page
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.5 (Feb 24th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-552: Fix product item price with discounts introduced by third party plugins (#252)
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.4 (Feb 23th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-563: Remove some nonce validations to support custom checkouts forms (#249)
- PLGWOOS-550: Typecast cart item quantity to int to avoid errors in the PHP-SDK (#248)
- PLGWOOS-556: Change composer dependencies to avoid conflicts with other plugins (#247)
- PLGWOOS-562: Add fallback for in3, in case no fields is filled in checkout, convert the transaction to redirect type (#250)
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.3 (Feb 21th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-549: Support custom order numbers generated by third party plugins in notification method
- PLGWOOS-551: Resize logo if theme used by merchant do not support WooCommerce
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.2 (Feb 19th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-548: Fix iDEAL gateway if no issuer selected in checkout
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.1 (Feb 18th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-545: Remove API Key validation
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.1.0 (Feb 17th, 2021)
- PLGWOOS-512: Add support for tokenization.
- PLGWOOS-521: Change order status on callback even if merchant did not save the settings, using defaults.
- PLGWOOS-530: Process notification, even when the payment method returned by MultiSafepay is not registered as WooCommerce gateway.
- PLGWOOS-531: Avoid process refund if amount submited in backend is 0
- PLGWOOS-535: Fix bug min_amount filter
- PLGWOOS-536: Fix instructions in multi select country field
- PLGWOOS-518: Fix protocol of notification URL
- PLGWOOS-526: Fix typo error in AfterPay payment method title
- PLGWOOS-523: Fix type of transaction to redirect for Dotpay payment method
- PLGWOOS-519: Improvement for coupons support in ShoppingCart.
- PLGWOOS-528: Refactor gender and salutation fields to process different validation messages
- PLGWOOS-503: Move debug mode field to options section
- PLGWOOS-525: Remove validation in backend for MultiSafepay payment method
- PLGWOOS-516: Avoid initialize the plugin if WooCommerce is not active
Release Notes – WooCommerce 4.0.0 (internal release) (Feb 12th, 2021)
- Complete rewrite of the plugin
- Full and partial refunds for non billing suite payment methods
- Full refunds for billing suite payment methods
- Set MultiSafepay transactions as shipped when order reach the defined status in settings
- Set MultiSafepay transaction as invoiced when order reach the defined status in settings
- Filter payment methods by country
- Filter payment methods by maximum amount of order
- Filter payment methods by minimum amount of order
- Custom initialized status for each payment method
- Validations in backend settings fields
- Support for compound taxes
- PLGWOOS-410: Refactor plugin using the PHP-SDK
- Remove FastCheckout