Musopress Discography creates a Discography Custom Post Type to display and organize your albums on your site.
If you use Bandcamp, it lets you import your music through the click of a button. This way you can use Bandcamp’s awesom features and integrate them effortlessly with your site. Any changes you make can be easily updated by simply re-importing the album(s) in question.
An optional Artist taxonomy is included, useful for labels and artists with many bands/projects.
There’s also a widget to display your latest releases.
You can install it through the admin interface or manually:
musopress-discographyfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
1. Create a page and add the [discography] shortcode.
2. If you want to use the Artist taxonomy, create a copy of your current theme’s ‘archive.php’ file and rename it ‘taxonomy-artist.php’. Replace the title with * and the Loop with *.
- I’m getting an error when trying to import from Bandcamp
This is usually because of a timeout issue. Try again later, or if you’re importing a lot of albums, try importing them in smaller batches.
- I’m getting 404 errors on the album pages
Go to Setting->Permalinks and save.
- I’m still getting 404 errors
This is most likely a conflict with a plugin or theme. Try switching to a different theme and re-saving the permalinks. If that doesn’t fix it, try going through each plugin, deactivating it, re-saving the permalinks, and seeing if that fixes it.
Contributors & Developers
“Musopress Discography” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Musopress Discography” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Now flushes rewrite rules on activation and deactivation to minimize permalink problem.
- Disabled has_archive for the album post type to prevent conflicts with the discography slug.
- Initial release.