Displays Popular Posts From StatCounter stats as a widget. Only you have to do is make the stats public and give the project ID to this plugin.
You can configure which type of stats (pageviews, visitors) should be used to display the popular posts and no of items to be displayed.
IMPORTANT NOTE – As far as the test I done, this plugin works on WP blogs with slug URLs as Post Name. Example, this site will work on wordpress blogs that have a post URL like http://subinsb.com/my-post-1
I can’t guarantee that it work on other slugs. But, you can try it and it may or may not work. It it work, please tell me by emailing to mail[at]subinsb.com or via comments of http://subinsb.com/ask/statcounter-popular-posts
DETAILED INFO : http://subinsb.com/wp-statcounter-popular-posts-plugin
sc-popular-postsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Should I be a Paid User of StatCounter to use this plugin
NO. Any users that is on a free plan or paid plan can use this plugin without any problems.
- Do I need to set my Stats to Public in StatCounter
In order to access the Popular Pages, the stats should be made Public. This can be done by the following:
- Go to your Project Config Page
- Choose „User/Public Access“ option from the sidebar
- Under „Public Access“, set the option to „All Stats are Public“
- Does the stats get fetched every time a page is loaded
No, because if it does that, the page loading will be slow. So the stats are cached for 10 minutes. This will reduce the number of times the fresh stats are fetched.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“StatCounter Popular Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed bug of displaying duplicate URLs
- No more PHP short tags
- HTTPS URL of popular posts on sites connected with HTTPS
- Tried adding support for Every slugs
- Fixed a serious bug
- Initial Version