Upload a zip archive and let WP unzip it and attach everything to a page/post (or not).
Please note that you’ll still be restricted by your server’s maximum upload size.
If the zip file uploads, but the contents aren’t extracted, see the FAQs.
- The zip file uploads, but the contents aren’t extracted
Try this: Open up the upload-media-by-zip.php file and locate
WP_Filesystem()(line 301). Surrounding it are three lines labeled 1, 2, and three. Uncomment those.
This problem happens only on some server setups, I haven’t experienced it personally which makes it difficult for me to provide a better solution. If you have one, please share.
- The tabs in the media pop-up are all crazy
Sounds like you’re using 2.8. Update.
Contributors & Developers
“Upload Media by Zip” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
(Localizations added without changing version number)
- Maintenance. Verified compat with 4.6
- German localization added
- Farsi localization added
- Getting ready for translation, POT file may already be available
- Bugfix: can now delete temporary upload despite hidden files
- Bugfix: now shows correct message on failed extraction
- Experimental „Insert all into post“ feature (feedback appreciated)
- List attachment IDs with ‘success’ message
- fun with recursion – funky stuff should be fixed – sorry for the double update
- zipped folders (any depth) now good-to-go
- file extensions removed from title, like core uploader
- allows contents of a zipped folder to be added successfully to the media library
- linked Upload page to better capability (upload_files)
- works with 2.8! (media upload tabs are wacky in 2.8, but I’m not going to fix it… because it’s 2.8)
- minor wording changes (sticking with „upload zip archive“)
- fixed compatibility with Quick Press
- added zip uploader to media pop-up
- first WP.org release
- just getting started