YayExtra is a WooCommerce plugin to allow you to create extra product options and assign them to your groups of products.
It comes with a variety of field types including dropdown list, multiple choice list, radio buttons, checkboxes, numbers, text inputs, color swatches, and more.
Powerful Custom Product Options
YayExtra supports a wide range of product field types to serve your diverse use cases.
- Allow customers to input text, number, email, etc.
- Add radio buttons to the original product
- Add button rows to customize the base product
- Add one time fee in percentage or fixed amount
- Add multiple fees to multiple product options
- Display the subtotal for the selected extras
Multiple Options in an Option Set
You can add many product custom fields in the same group. Related options can be displayed next to each other or vertically. A product field can trigger the display of the next product field.
Apply Product Options in Bulk
A group of product fields can be applied to all products, a group of products in a specific category, a group of products with a specific tag, or hand-picked products.
WooCommerce Conditional Variations
YayExtra allows you to create a conditional logic so you can combine it with the existing custom options. Conditional logics help show the next product field if the user has selected a specific option value.
Let’s suppose that you sell car parts, so when the customer chooses to have „Accessories“ then related options like „Front door items“ or „Replacement kit“ can be shown on the current product page. Otherwise, if the customer doesn’t check the „Accessories“ checkbox then those options will not show up, which keeps your product page neat and clear.
💎 PREMIUM-ONLY FEATURES
Advanced Product Addons
Multiple field types are built in the premium version:
- Image swatches
- Button (multi selectable)
- Swatches (multi selectable)
- Date picker
- Time picker
- File Upload
Group Separate Products
Similar to „related products“, you will be able to easily use an existing product as another product’s swatch or option. For instance, you can add „custom stickers“ product to a range of „bag“ products. You can add „matched cap“ to a „baseball t-shirt“ or something like that.
🔑 HOW IT WORKS
Each field type comes with various elements to help you enhance the extra product options:
- Required field: Make the customer have to select an option or enter the information so it can be passed through in the order (Free)
- Placeholder: Add help text or expected value to be entered in the field (Free)
- Set as default: Enable a specific option value to be selected upon product page load (Free)
- Custom image: Use uploaded swatch image to show on product featured image (Premium-only)
- File upload: Add a single or multiple file uploads, make file uploads mandatory or optional, and many other options.
- File upload: Allow specific file formats like PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC, XLS, etc.
- Download the plugin from wordpress.org
- From your WordPress admin dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New, and upload the yayextra.zip file
- Install and activate it
- After activating YayExtra, go to WooCommerce > YayExtra to create and manage extra product options
I got issues. How can I get support?
How can I change the position of the section of extra product options on my product page??
In most cases, the added custom product fields will be displayed below the short description and above Add to cart button. If you wish to change its position, you can overwrite the template structure.
Can I use an existing product as an option for another product?
Yes, this feature is called Linked Product in YayExtra Pro settings. You can upgrade to WooCommerce Extra Product Options Pro to start cross-selling and upselling today!
Contributors & Developers
“YayExtra – WooCommerce Extra Product Options” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Sep 15, 2023 – Version 1.2.6
- Fixed: Processing
Aug 30, 2023 – Version 1.2.5
- Fixed: Product matching
- Improved: JS processing
Aug 11, 2023 – Version 1.2.4
- Added: Textarea option type
- Improved: Action logics
Aug 09, 2023 – Version 1.2.3
- Fixed: JS issues
Aug 07, 2023 – Version 1.2.2
- Fixed: JS issues
Jun 22, 2023 – Version 1.2.1
- Fixed: Conditional logic auto renews default value
Jun 16, 2023 – Version 1.2
- Added: Support WooCommerce HPOS
Jun 14, 2023 – Version 1.1.8
- Added: Filter: yayextra_load_js_file_allow
Jun 2, 2023 – Version 1.1.7
- Added: Priority for option sets
May 17, 2023 – Version 1.1.6
- Added: YayCommerce Menu
May 11, 2023 – Version 1.1.5
- Improved: Option field validation
- Fixed: Js issues and duplicate option set
Apr 13, 2023 – Version 1.1.4
- Fixed: Pot file
Mar 16, 2023 – Version 1.1.3
- Fixed: Issue about Add to cart by Ajax
- Fixed: Issue of variable product
- Fixed: Compatible with new YayCurrency version
Jan 19, 2023 – Version 1.1.2
- Added: Badge with number
- Improved: UI and text
Jan 10, 2023 – Version 1.1.1
- Improved: Warning when WooCommerce is not active
Sep 21, 2022 – Version 1.1
- Improved: UI
- Fixed: Prefix and PHPCS