Allows your visitors to increase or decrease font size of the „main“ section of your website.
- Uses jQuery to change text/font sizes
- Shortcodes supported
- Simple and Lightweight
- Easy to Set Up
- Works with all font size units
- Uses localStorage to set font size only once across whole website
Resizing does not work, what do I do?
Try changing settings, specifically the jQuery selector field. Your theme might have different mark up.
How do I use shortcode in my theme?
Use [wpavefrsz-resizer] to output resizer wherever you want.
I found a bug
Let’s fix that! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
26. Juli 2022.
Super simple to use and works great out of the box! All our senior members really appreciate it as well! ajbid dot org
25. April 2022.
At the start was not working but looking in the settings there is a field that if deleted or customized based on the theme, fixed the issue. The plugin works so well, the widget is so nice and not invasive. Perfect job, thanks! Very useful!
25. Februar 2022.
I love this plugin. Works great out of the box (with Avada theme). And the HTML/CSS code is extremely clean, which makes it easy to customize with just CSS.
20. Februar 2022.
Thank you! This plugin did help me out. 🙂 And when I reached out to the developer and asked if it was possible to add one functional enhancement, it was done right away on the same day.
23. Decembar 2021.
Thanks for your effort. Very Useful and easy to use.
20. Oktobar 2021.
After playing around for hours with different font options for my website and still not attaining the effect I wanted, I stumbled upon this simple, easy-to-use plugin. It does exactly what I was looking to do in developing a website targeting people over the age of 50. With floating controls on the right side of every page, viewers can opt to increase, decrease or equalize the fonts to suit their preference. People who need bigger text sizes can can easily magnify them without causing problems for other visitors. The plugin is is brilliant!
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Font Resize” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Easy Font Resize” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First version.
- Added localStorage support to set font sizes only once
- Added grey theme
- Added min/max/step values to options page
- Disabled selecting/highlighting text for resizer buttons
- Added „tabindex“ and „title“ attributes for accessibility (TAB keyboard key)
- Removed widget support (does not support widget block editor and never will)
- Added „Remember font size site-wide?“ switch to options
- Added more resizeable elements
- Added following filters: wpavefrsz_filter_text, wpavefrsz_filter_minus, wpavefrsz_filter_plus, wpavefrsz_filter_equals
- Added an exclusion selector(s) fields
- Added a „force“ mode that will add „!important“ rule to better enforce font sizes
- Added a „notranslate“ switch that will prevent Google Translator widget from interacting with resizer buttons
- Added proper screenreader ARIA labels and roles
- Added code to prevent DOM bubbling
- Fixed a bug with no elements being selected for resizing
- Added a Reset button for elements on settings page